Google is the main search engine that exists today and as a company it has grown so much that it is no longer a simple portal to consult and find everything you need on the internet. As a brand it has reached colossal proportions and has a wide range of products to offer its users. One of them is its popular browser Google Chrome.
Chrome is considered by many to be the best browser of all and it is not surprising that it is the most widely used to date. This is because the company has known how to integrate different functions within it that greatly improve the user experience. One of these is desktop notifications, which are available on both desktop and mobile devices. However, not everyone likes them as many find them a bit annoying.
From here, you can learn how to disable any notifications . Luckily this has a solution and you can disable it if you wish. If you’re one of those people who are bothered by messages appearing on your computer or mobile phone, in this tutorial we’ll tell you how to make them disappear without any problem. To find out, read on.
Steps to disable Google Chrome browser notifications
Since Chrome is one of the most used browsers it has a certain disadvantage, because the pages and applications take over the whole browser. Maybe at the time you wanted to have this option active, but you’re no longer interested in receiving an alert every time and you’re looking for a way to disable it. With these simple steps we’ll explain how to do this.
In the web browser
The good thing is that in spite of everything, Google still gives us the option to remove those uncomfortable ads that fill our computer screen.
- To do this, go to the home page of “Google Chrome”.
- Access the menu of “Configuration”.
- In the tab that will open you will find the “Advanced Settings” section.
- Different alternatives will be expanded, where you will look for the section that says “Content configuration” .
- When you enter you will see several options, from these choose: “Notifications”.
- From here you can see all the pages that have this type of warning activated and those that are blocked.
- Now all you have to do is search for the website you want to deactivate and remove it from the list.
- Once you have selected the option of your choice, these will be blocked and you will not be able to see them again, unless you reactivate them yourself again.
Whether you want to turn them off because your mobile phone battery is draining too fast, too much data, your computer is too slow, or simply because you don’t want to see them anymore, with these simple steps you will succeed in removing them.
- On your Android phone or tablet, you’ll need to open the Google Chrome app.
- Then go to the website from which you do not want to receive these notices.
- At the top right touch the three dots to open the information menu.
- Tap on “Site Settings” then on “Notifications”.
- Choose the option to block and that’s it! You will not receive any more trouble on your Android phone from this website.
Similarly, at the top of the notification menu, there is an option to turn on and off. If you have it enabled it means that the applications have to ask your permission to be able to display them. If it is off, when you enter a page that has notification it will be accepted automatically.
Disable native notifications in Windows 10
Surely, like many people, you thought it would be best to have these native ads on to remind you and warn you of certain things, but now you want them to go away. To deactivate them, just do the following:
- The first thing you need to do is go to the Windows 10 configuration menu.
- You will search and enter in “Configuration”
- You will now access where it says “System”.
- When you access it another window will open where you will see several options, there you will have to choose “ Notifications and actions”
- Then you will have to locate the ” Notifications” section, where you will find a series of options.
- Show Windows suggestions: These are the suggestions that Windows 10 gives you. Once you disable them the operating system will not be able to display what it considers to be ads, which themselves end up being product ads.
- Show notifications from applications: This displays the messages sent to you by the application, for example Facebook, YouTube, and others. If you don’t want them to appear anymore, you can turn them off and even leave only the ones you want.
- Display notifications on the lock screen: Reveals all incoming notifications even when the computer is locked, including chat messages, emails and others. You can change the settings to show certain content or none at all.
- Show alarms, warnings and incoming VoIP calls on the lock screen: Shows warnings when you set alarms or when you receive a call, for example from Skype.
- Once you deactivate the options you want, you won’t be able to see them. If you want to activate only some particular options, a little further down you’ll see that it says “Show notifications for these applications”. From there you can activate only the ones you specifically select.
If you have any questions, leave them in the comments, we will answer you as soon as possible, and for sure it will be of a great help for other members of the community. Thank you! 😉