Today, Google offers a multitude of services that guarantee multiple tools to all its users in order to make their lives easier and ensure that they can manage various activities through the mechanisms that the famous technology company has. In this sense, one of the services that are mostly used by Google is Gmail , which from 2014 became the main alternative for e-mail , thus displacing the assistance of Hotmail, Yahoo and other well-known companies.
This, thanks to the fact that Google Gmail is considered one of the most powerful and best built tools on web platforms and from there, its users can count on several advantages. Among them, we highlight the benefit of being able to work offline , send messages from one tab to another, share default replies, optimize the security of your email account , use labels, have the facility to keep your inbox clean at all times , send all kinds of files without any inconvenience and on top of that, have the possibility to use more than two accounts at the same time .
In that sense, using two accounts at the same time through Gmail is a great help for many users who run businesses or prefer to keep both personal and business mail up to date. Having the simplicity of to change the one they want to a default account , that is to say, to work with one of them as their main one and thus have great simplicity to manage the emails you want. In fact, below we will inform you about the procedures to be carried out to add other accounts to tucuenta de Googley , easily marking one as certain .
How do I add other accounts to my Google Account?
To begin with, we have chosen to provide you with a timely solution if you are one of those people who commonly handle several emails at once and want to make this process simpler .
There is nothing better than having all your email accounts in the same folder and therefore being able to manage perfectly every message you receive.
Luckily, this procedure is quite simple with the help of the functions contained in Google and to do it, you must do the following step by step :
- Logically, you must log in to the official Gmail page to proceed to enter your Gmail account along with your password.
- Then, when you’re inside Gmail, you need to go to the ‘ Settings ‘ option and enter it. This is located at the top of the window (below your profile picture) and is represented by a gear icon that contains several options.
- Once the pop-up window is displayed, access ” Configuration ” which allows you to change and manage everything concerning your email account. Don’t be confused with ” Inbox Settings ” as it is different.
- Now, you will be redirected to a new window that contains several options at the top. There, you have to click on ” Accounts and import ” to be able to add other accounts.
- At this point, you start the process to associate another account that can be from Hotmail, Outlook, Yahoo , etc. To do this, start by clicking on ” Import mail and contacts “.
- Since then, a small window will open where you must write the email account you want to import or associate, to click on the button ” Continue “. This step is identified as ” Sign in with your other email account”.
- The service will then issue an announcement indicating that you must log in to the email account you provided in the previous step , in order to click on the ” Continue ” button again. This is the only way to synchronize both accounts.
- The pop-up window generated by Gmail will then be put through a verification process to synchronize both accounts. This may take a few minutes .
- Finally, the same window will show you a button that says ” Start importing “. It’s very important to click this button so that Gmail will start importing your mail, contacts, and all new mail for the next 30 days , automatically. This can take up to hours .
- Later, when you want to see the mail you have synchronised , just go to the left side of the window and click on “More” to open the drop-down menu of the section.
Steps to change and mark a Gmail account as default for signing in to Google
Another common interest of Google Gmail users, is to change and mark an email account as default . Fortunately, these procedures too are completely simple to perform , thanks to the service’s operation and tools.
In this regard, it should be noted that when talking about a default Gmail account, reference is made to the primary account for this email . That is, your default YouTube page, the one you use for Google Play Store or calendar events, and all these types of services.
So, the steps to change a Gmail account and mark another one as your default to sign in to Google, are
- To start, log in to your Gmail inbox , of course you must make sure that is the default account .
- Once you’re in the default account, go to your profile picture which is located in the top right corner of the screen (in your inbox, precisely) and click on the icon .
- When you click on this icon, a drop-down menu will open where you must click on the “Logout” option at the bottom. This will close the default account and even all accounts that are linked to the service.
- With this, Gmail will redirect you to its main section , where it displays all the accounts it contains. There, you must click your new default account, the one you’ve chosen as your favorite. You can then proceed to enter your password. This way, is already marked as the default .
- Finally, click on the “Sign in” button and you’ll be signed in with your default account to access all Google services with it. As you can see, it’s very simple.
If you have any questions, leave them in the comments, we will answer you as soon as possible, and for sure it will be of a great help for other members of the community. Thank you! 😉