Gmail has become one of the most popular email services around the world. Gmail is notable for having a large number of active users using each of its services.
It is very common for to end some emails either because of account maintenance or simply because they have a lot of time in the inbox or outbox. But, it’s possible that after we delete it completely we’ll need it for some specific reason.
So, if you’ve happened to need an urgent email already deleted completely from your tray or lost, then here’s how you can retrieve your messages simply and quickly.
Is it possible to recover an email I deleted years ago from Gmail?
It’s important to mention that you can’t always recover deleted messages from your Gmail mail. However, if you’re lucky, you may be able to complete this entire process successfully. Therefore, there are currently a few methods we can use that will help us recover those messages that we’ve removed from our inbox or outbox by mistake,
Being able to rescue these emails is always a great help, especially when it comes to some valuable and important content for us. That’s why here we’re going to explain how you can retrieve each of these emails.
Steps to retrieve deleted emails from your Gmail inbox
You may find yourself looking for a message in your account and are aware that it has been previously deleted . This will force you to try some methods to recover this information contained in the mail.
To do this, follow each of the steps we will show you below:
From the trash can
If you are aware that the message you are looking for has been deleted before, then it is necessary to l or search directly from the trash. In this case you need to follow these steps:
- The first thing you’ll do is log in to your Gmail account.
- When you have logged on to the platform, click on “Trash” in the menu on the left side of your screen.
- Sometimes this option is not shown on screen in that way. If this happens you will have to enter the “Settings” section located at the top right of the window.
- A new window will appear with different tabs, in this case we select “Labels”.
- In the section of “Labels” you will see all the system options, as well as the possibility of hiding them or showing them . Here we find the label for “Trash” and click on the option for “Show”.
- You will then return to the main window and the “Ballot” label will appear on the left side of your screen.
- Now we go to that section and look for the email we want to retrieve.
- In this case it can be saved if it has been deleted less than 30 days ago and has not been permanently deleted.
- If these two requirements are met and the email is found, you simply need to check the box next to the sender and then click on “Move” shown at the top of the window. There you select the label of “Received” so that it is back in the inbox.
Reporting the bill
If by any chance your message has more than 30 days old or you have deleted it permanently you can use another method to try and save the information you are looking for. In this case you can report the account by claiming that someone else has logged into it for you and delete it permanently .
To do this you need to change the login password and then ask Google to try and retrieve the emails that have been deleted from the account.
In this case it is necessary to enter the portal of Google support , there we indicate the procedure to be carried out and the request for the recovery of the information is sent. If you’re lucky, Google will contact you where you’ll need to identify yourself, so they can tell you if they can perform the recovery of the deleted emails in Gmail .
G Suite users
This last method we present to you is only for all those G Suite users. So, if you have accidentally deleted any of your incoming or outgoing emails, you can try to restore them in the following way.
Please note that if you are the G Suite account administrator , you can rescue to single user information only by going to the administration console:
- The first thing is to log in to your G Suite administrator account.
- Then go to the administration console.
- There you will have to click on “Users ” so that you can see all the users in the organization.
- The next thing to do is click on the user in the list that you want to rescue the data.
- After logging in to the user’s page, you will have to click on the three-point icon in the right-hand corner and select the “Restore Data” option.
- You will now be presented with a new page asking you for the date and the destination service, here you will need to fill in these intervals that you want to restore and choose the account Gmail . Please note that you cannot select dates earlier than 25 days ago .
- Finally click on “Restore Data”.
List of the best programs and applications to recover sent or received mail that has been deleted in Google Gmail
Another way we can use to retrieve deleted messages from your Gmail account is by using some program or application designed for this type of activity. There are some software programs available on the market today that will help you do this.
So, here we present the best programs of this type so you can start using them on your PC or mobile device and thus restore your deleted emails from your Google account.
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard
This email data recovery software will allow you to restore any type of emails deleted from your account in just three simple steps. It is a very advanced program with state-of-the-art tools to help you achieve effective results. It is available for the Windows operating system and is fee-based . However, there is a 30-day trial version .
It stands out for its very powerful data restoration capability compared to other programs, plus it allows you to restore data that has been formatted or deleted by viruses. Therefore, EaseUS is a tool that will help you save any type of file from Office documents , such as photos, videos and emails.
Download EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard Windows
FonePaw Data Recovery
If you are looking for a quick and easy way to restore your deleted emails from your Google Gmail account, then you can make use of some recovery software, such as FonePaw, this application provides you with a very up-to-date system where you will have all the necessary tools to perform this type of procedure successfully. It works for Gmail, Hotmail or AOL.
It allows you to restore all your deleted emails after 30 days, presents a quick scan and deep scan to find all the data you need, it also allows you to save any kind of document, photos, audio, videos, by running a full scan of your hard drive, SD card, USB stick , on your Windows or Mac computer.
Download FonePaw Windows
Download FonePaw MacOS
Wondershare Dr. Fone
Dr. Fone is one of the applications available for the Android, Windows and Mac operating system , for which it is restoring data from email . It is currently considered one of the best programs for carrying out these procedures, where it offers very important tools and stands out for its speed and power.
It has features such as the recovery of photos, videos, call logs, messages, among many others. In addition, it is compatible with over 6000 Android devices, supports Windows 10, Mac OS X 10.11, Android 6.0 Marshmallow and supports data mining of broken Android phones.
Download Wondershare Dr.Fone Windows
Ontrack has become one of the most important recovery software in the market, it has a highly qualified staff that will help you to solve any kind of problem with your email . Therefore, you can restore a mail after a loss or deletion .
This software can be used from laptops, computers and smartphones , where you can use this program to start saving all those important messages that for some reason you have deleted from your account. It’s important to mention that this application is a paid application, but it also comes with a free 30-day version.
Download Ontrack Windows
Download Ontrack MacOS
If you have any questions, leave them in the comments, we will answer you as soon as possible, and for sure it will be of a great help for other members of the community. Thank you! 😉