I’m sure many of you have at some point used the familiar Mozilla Firefox browser . It is very well represented by a fiery orange fox that wants to imitate a ball. If you have it installed and you’re up to date, you can avoid a lot of headaches. But, what should we do to keep it in its latest version? How can I update Mozilla Firefox for free in English?
This powerful open source web search engine has a very high speed, with a web page load that does not require a lot of memory on the device where it is installed, which is why it is so used in so many different sectors and by users of all levels, whether they are beginners or advanced.
What those who have dared to use it like most is that is very intuitive and makes it very easy to navigate through its various options . Everything is framed in the most appropriate area so that, if any option is needed, it can be found at a moment’s notice without going too far.
Update Mozilla Firefox for Windows 7, 8 and 10
It also has a private browsing mode that blocks trackers , to avoid those ads that follow us every day using our searches, the famous “cookies”, forgetting your history once you have closed the window. You can’t deny that it has many advantages, so keep reading to find out how to keep your Mozilla Firefox browser updated and in its latest version if you’re sure you want to try it out with all its advantages and features.
Generally, Firefox takes care of keeping you updated automatically and you don’t have to do it yourself. But there are times when, for some special reason, that update doesn’t happen and we have to take care of it manually . Also, we can select from the preferences the option that ” the browser does not update automatically ” and so you can choose when to do it yourself.
Download Mozilla Firefox latest version
It’s a very simple process, so you can follow the steps below to do it without any problem:
- First, you can download the .exe from above. Open a browser window Mozilla Firefox and click on the menu bar at the top right with this symbol.
- Then open the help menu at the bottom, a drop-down menu will open.
- Select ” About Firefox ” which is right at the last position.
- Firefox will open a pop-up and a message appears telling us that it is checking for updates. If your browser is not in the latest version, it will start to download the new update automatically .
- When this quick process is complete, you must click the ” Restart button to update Firefox “.
- After the reboot, you will be able to enjoy the new update on your computer with Windows Operating System. It’s that easy!
In case you want to configure Firefox updates yourself, feel free to follow these steps:
- You must go to Menu and select the Firefox Options.
- Now you must go to the ” General ” tab and move to the “Firefox Updates ” section.
- From this section you can set the update frequency and mode, selecting the option that interests you most. Updates can be done automatically or manually .
- From here we recommend the automatic option to keep your device always at the highest level of security although, as we say, if you prefer to perform the updates yourself, you can do so through this configuration.
*Note: The version of Windows used has little to do with this, because the browser is not dependent on the architecture of the computer. By this we mean that the update is done the same for any Windows , whether it is version 7, 8 or 10.
Update Mozilla Firefox on Mac computers
The update of Firefox on your Mac is done by following the same steps as explained in the previous section to do it on Windows. This depends directly on the browser, so the only case where the operating system version is used is for installation.
Download Mozilla Firefox latest version
Anyway, let’s make a summary of the steps, in case you haven’t read the section on Updating Mozilla Firefox in Windows.
- You can download the file above . Open the Firefoxy browser and look for the option in the main menu ” About Firefox “.
- Mozilla will check for updates after the version your browser is on. If there are any, Firefox will automatically update your Mac .
- When this process is complete, you must restart the browser for the changes to be completed. An option to do this directly will appear, but if not, you can close the browser from the aspay and open it again , by clicking on its shortcut.
If you have any problems during download and installation, you can use the links provided here, they are 100% secure and downloads are from the official Mozilla website, we provide you direct download links and from the system and language directory to find the most current option in reference to your operating system and your language.
Update Mozilla Firefox for Linux or Ubuntu
Sometimes, when we download a version of Linux , it doesn’t have a good browser, and if we choose Firefox it is usually outdated. For this reason, and so as not to give up the Linux maxim ( always use free software ), we are going to update Mozilla Firefox on this OS.
- Firstly, you can try to do this from the package manager , although sometimes the latest update to the programs does not appear in the package manager.
- You can try to do this from the browser itself, although this option does not work for all programs or elements either. To do it this way you can consult in previous sections, since it is done the same as for Linux or Mac . A brief summary of the steps to follow is attached below:
- We open a browser window and look for the Top Menu option ” About Mozilla Firefox “.
- When trying to find the version the program is in, Firefox detects an improvement to be made .
- At that point, starts downloading it and installing it.
- It then asks you to restart the program , either manually or automatically.
- Finally, when it opens again, you can go back to step 1 to make sure everything went well.
- If the above option does not work either, it is recommended that you use the command-based update option . To do this, open the terminal and start running the following commands:
- Update the repositories: ” sudo apt-get update “.
- Install the latest version of firefox: ” sudo apt-get install firefox “.
- Update Firefox to the latest version and other outdated programs: ” sudo apt-get upgrade “.
*Note: There are no distinctions in the update between Linux distributions. It is done the same way for Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian, Knoppix…
Update Mozilla Firefox for Android
In the case of Android, the Firefox browser itself will show you that an installation is available when you access Google Play . You can follow the steps below to find out which version you have and whether there is an upgrade available.
- Open a browser window Mozilla Firefox for Android .
- Then select the option ” Configuration ” in the upper corner. If you can’t find it, go to ” More “.
- You will see the ” About Firefox ” section and under the Firefox logo the version that is installed will appear. You may see a warning there that you need to upgrade to the latest version.
- If this is the case, you should open Google Play on your device and select the menu in the top left corner.
- Go to ” My Applications ” and a list of all your apps will appear. A distinction will appear for the apps that have pending updates.
- If Firefox appears there, you must select it. When you click on the browser application, the ” Refresh ” button appears.
- Confirm by clicking on the button ” Accept ” and the whole process will start automatically.
- When this is done, you will receive a warning and the ” Update ” button will have become ” Open ” as there will no longer be any new installation to be made.
*Note: Remember that if you don’t have access to Google Play in your country, you must do the same from your active application store. If you have this browser, there should be no problem with the update.
Remember that you should only make this kind of updates from Mozilla’s own website to avoid malware problems in your device or from the trusted links provided in this post.
If you have any questions, leave them in the comments, we will answer you as soon as possible, and for sure it will be of a great help for other members of the community. Thank you! 😉